This course provides students with the necessary background to take advantage of Pivotal Greenplum. Students are introduced to fundamental concepts using the psql CLI; DDL, DML, and DQL; data loading strategies; data modeling, as well as some performance tuning strategies. Students will also learn details of the OLAP capabilities of Pivotal Greenplum.
- Developers responsible for designing and developing the Greenplum database
- Basic UNIX or Linux command-line navigation and administration skills
- Database query language basics, including but not limited to basic SQL knowledge for accessing database objects
- Fundamental relational database concepts
- Introduction to Greenplum course