Don't look now, but .NET is in the midst of a renaissance. It started with Microsoft's embrace of open source and continues thanks to Steeltoe, an open source project that helps .NET developers implement common cloud-native patterns like service discovery, shared configuration, and circuit breaker. Steeltoe 1.1, released in mid-September 2017, includes a number of new capabilities that are sure to please .NET developers building microservices application. Pivotal's Zach Brown and Dave Tillman join Jeff and Dormain to dig into the details.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @moredeploys
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Get started with Steeltoe at steeltoe.io and join the Steeltoe Slack channel.
- Access Steeltoe sample applications on GitHub.
- Watch Zach's introduction to Steeltoe talk at OSSAT 2017.
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Director of Product Marketing at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly