MySQL is the most popular open source database ... by a mile. Several miles, actually. And no platform is complete if it doesn't offer developers easy access to MySQL instances to support their applications and microservices. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Pivotal's Greg Chase and Morgan Fine join Jeff and Dormain to talk about why MySQL is so popular with developers, detail the latest on-demand version of MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and discuss how MySQL supports Agile methodology and DevOps environments. The four also debate the which is the better open source mascot: the whale or the dolphin. You'll have to listen to find out the answer.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @gregchase
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Go even deeper on MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry with this on-demand webinar with Greg and Morgan.
- Download MySQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Pivotal Network and check out the documentation here.