There was a Cambrian explosion of NoSQL databases just a few short years ago. Each had its own strengths and weaknesses, and none could genuinely call themselves a general purpose enterprise database. DataStax set out to change that. DataStax Enterprise, based on Apache Cassandra, now includes robust search, graph and analytics capabilities, enabling it to support more demanding use cases. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Jeff and Dormain are joined by Gilbert Lau, Cloud and Big Data Evangelist at DataStax, to discuss the evolution of NoSQL databases.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz and @glau_sf.
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Download the DataStax Cassandra Service Broker for Pivotal Cloud Foundry and check out the documentation here.
- Watch and listen to the webinar Cloud Data at Epic Scale with Gilbert and Pivotal's Pieter Humphrey.
- Study up on Apache Cassandra with these free tutorials on DataStax Academy.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin