We've all seen those Net Promoter Score (NPS) surveys ("On a scale of 0 to 10, how likely are you to recommend this product or service...") in our consumer lives. But what if platform teams collected NPS as a metric for developer satisfaction? In this episode, Mick Pollard (@aussielunix, which I totally mispronounced as "aussie linux"... think UNIX!) shares how using NPS shifted the mindset of a platform team. Instead of measuring on velocity, the team ran a simple NPS survey and was shocked at what they found.
Mick shares what the NPS represents, as well as how to go about running the survey. He also shares what needs to happen before and after the survey to build trust with developers and turn the metric into impact. Tune in to hear his recipe for success.
- Books that Mick recommends: Project to Product and Accelerate
- Webinar: Cut the Digital Transformation Fluff: Creating Metrics that Matter
- Resources on "Platform as Product"
- Whitepaper: Why You Should Treat Platform as a Product
- Episode with Paula Kennedy: Why you need a dedicated platform team
- Episode with James Urquhart: What is your Platform GTM strategy?
- Blog post on how to get developers to start using your platform
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @dormaindrewitz, @aussielunix, @jeffreyfkelly
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Dormain Drewitz