Etsy is best known as the online marketplace where you can sell your homemade mittens and vintage ankle bracelets. But did you know it's also the place where a lot of modern application security techniques were born? The founders of Signal Sciences, a Pivotal partner and leading web application security provider, got their start managing security for Etsy's cloud-native applications. Their methods proved so effective and popular on the speaking circuit, they decided to start a company.
In a world where code is pushed to production weekly or even daily and cloud infrastructure is ephemeral, old notions like weeks-long security reviews and hardware-based security solutions are quickly becoming obsolete. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Jeff and Dormain speak with Tyler Shields, Vice President of Marketing, Partnerships and Strategy at Signal Sciences, about the inherent challenges of securing cloud-native applications and the new approaches being pioneered by Signal Sciences and others.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz and @txs.
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Register for the May 3 webinar Strategies on How to Overcome Security Challenges Unique to Cloud-Native Apps with Signal Science's Zane Lackey and Pivotal's Kamala Dasika.
- Read this post, Cloud-Native Security: Going Upstack From the 3 Rs, on how to accelerate code delivery and crank up your security - at the same time.
- Download the white paper Secure Hybrid Banking Reference Architectures for Cloud-Native Applications.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly