Kubernetes is exploding in popularity. The container orchestration platform makes it significantly simpler to manage and operate application containers. But Kubernetes is not without its challenges, including getting the platform to run effectively in private datacenters. This week on Pivotal Insights, Pivotal's John Allwright joins Dormain and Jeff to introduce Pivotal Container Service (PKS), a new offering that eases the Day 2 operations burden for container orchestration and provides access to infrastructure primitives. John, Dormain and Jeff also talk about the relationship between PKS and Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and the role VMware and Google played in developing PKS.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @johnny_a
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Learn more about Pivotal Container Service here.
- See what TechCrunch, ZDNet and InfoWorld have to say about PKS.
- Get VMWare's perspective on its collaboration with Pivotal and Google to deliver PKS.