To read the tech trade press, you'd think AWS, Microsoft and Google are in the midst of a winner-take-all battle for the cloud. It's a zero-sum game and only one public cloud provider will survive & thrive. Turns out, that's not the case. A new survey confirms what many of us already believed: Most enterprises use two or more cloud providers and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
In this episode of Pivotal Insights, guest Jared Ruckle, a member of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry product marketing team, joins Dormain and Jeff to break down the findings of the new survey and what they say about the future of the cloud in the enterprise.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @jaredruckle
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- If you're ok handing over your email address, get your copy of the survey, State of Enterprise Multi-Cloud, from Cloudify here.
- Read Jared's white paper, The Upside Down Economics of Building Your Own Platform, here.
- Get more information about running Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure here .
- Learn about Pivotal Container Service, a joint effort between Pivotal, VMware and Google. here.
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly