To read the tech trade press, you'd think AWS, Microsoft and Google are in the midst of a winner-take-all battle for the cloud. It's a zero-sum game and only one public cloud provider will survive & thrive. Turns out, that's not the case. A new survey confirms what many of us already believed: Most enterprises use two or more cloud providers and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
In this episode of Pivotal Insights, guest Jared Ruckle, a member of the Pivotal Cloud Foundry product marketing team, joins Dormain and Jeff to break down the findings of the new survey and what they say about the future of the cloud in the enterprise.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @jaredruckle
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- If you're ok handing over your email address, get your copy of the survey, State of Enterprise Multi-Cloud, from Cloudify here.
- Read Jared's white paper, The Upside Down Economics of Building Your Own Platform, here.
- Get more information about running Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure here .
- Learn about Pivotal Container Service, a joint effort between Pivotal, VMware and Google. here.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly