Through events like Red Nose Day, the U.K.-based charitable organization Comic Relief has raised over a billion pounds since its founding in 1988. But a lot has changed since then, including the technology backbone supporting Comic Relief's donations platform. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Jeff and Dormain chat with Zenon Hannick, the organization's CTO, about Comic Relief's recent migration to Pivotal Cloud Foundry, how it provides Comic Relief developers an environment for quickly experimenting with new ideas for engaging with donors, and the larger impact of technology on the world of philanthropy.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @zenonhannick
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Get involved! Red Nose Day US is Thursday, May 25, 2017. Donate to a great cause and have fun doing it. More information here.
- Don't miss Zenon's talk about Red Nose Day at Cloud Foundry Summit 2017 on June 15, 2017. Register today!
- Check out this recent panel discussion with Comic Relief, Pivotal, Google and Armakuni talking about the Red Nose Day application.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly