In this week's episode, Jeff and Dormain are joined by Pivotal Senior Solutions Architect Ben Wilcock for a deep dive into building microservices applications using the command query responsibility segregation, or CQRS, architectural pattern and event sourcing. Despite what you may have heard, CQRS really isn't that much more complex than other approaches, such as CRUD, and provides significantly more flexibility and other benefits, Ben says. "When you look at the number of components involved and what feature benefits you get from those components, CQRS punches above its weight." Ben also shares his feelings about CI/CD tooling (hint: He's not a huge fan of Jenkins!)
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @benbravo73
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Check out Ben's recently updated CQRS/Axon demo application on GitHub and his accompanying blog post.
- Listen to this previous podcast episode on CQRS with Pivotal's Kenny Bastani.
- If you're in Amsterdam on September 29, swing by the AxonIQ conference and meet Ben in person!