Refactoring monolithic applications involves more than just replicating existing design patterns in a distributed architecture, according to Oliver Gierke. Gierke, who lead's Pivotal's Spring data team, joins Jeff and Dormain in this episode of Pivotal Insights to share his thoughts on refactoring monolithic applications using what he calls a system of systems approach. And be sure to listen to the end for your chance to save $200 on registration to SpringOne Platform, where Gierke will present on this very topic in December.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @olivergierke
- Feedback: email@example.com
News & Resources
- Check out Oliver's slides on the topic of a system of systems.
- Watch Oliver's presentation at GOTO 2016 on strategies for refactoring applications.
- Don't forget to register for SpringOne Platform using the discount code shared in this podcast episode.
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly