The data warehouse market has undergone significant turmoil over the last several years. Large incumbent vendors selling expensive appliances are struggling to maintain market share as new approaches emerge. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Cesar Rojas and Roman Shaposhnik join Jeff to talk about the emergence of the Logical Data Warehouse, it's implications for data engineers and how enterprises can take steps now to implement a truly Best of Fit approach to analytics and data science.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @rhatr, @cesar77
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Read Democratizing the Logical Data Warehouse: The End of Analytics Lock-In for more insights on how to make the LDW a reality.
- Check out the white paper The Data Warehouse in the Age of Digital Transformation by analyst Neil Raden.
- Go to greenplum.org to download Greenplum Database and start your analytics journey.
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Director of Product Marketing at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly