Charity Majors has been on-call in one form or another since she was 17. She knows how to get to the bottom of system performance problems. After stints at Parse and Facebook, Charity and co-founder Christine Yen started Honeycomb, whose mission is to help software engineers use event data to explore and better understand their production systems. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Charity joins Jeff and Dormain to talk about the challenges of debugging distributed systems, why a data-driven approach is the best way to get to the bottom of performance issues, and how software engineers can get their atrophied debugging muscles back into shape.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @mipsytipsy
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Find out why Charity tells Fortune "there's no substitute for seeing what's going on" with your applications.
- Download the Honeycomb Nozzle for Pivotal Cloud Foundry (Beta) tile on PivNet.
- Take your knowledge of distributed systems to the next level at the Pivotal Cloud-Native Roadshow, coming to a city near you.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly