We've talked a lot about the role of data and databases in cloud-native architectures here on Pivotal Insights. Unfortunately, how and where developers manage their application data, as important as it is, hasn't always been at the top of the priority list. That's in part because most databases aren't particularly well-suited for cloud-native environments. But that is changing.
In this week's episode of Pivotal Insights, Crunchy Data's Paul Laurence joins Jeff and Dormain to chat about the ways in which databases are evolving to better fit into modern cloud-native environments. Crunchy Data's own offering, an enterprise-grade distribution of PostgreSQL with an emphasis on security, is one great example.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Dig deeper in this article exploring how Crunchy Data helped close the enterprise PostgreSQL gap - all the way to cloud-native.
- Download the Crunchy PostgreSQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry tile now at PivNet.
- Listen to Pivotal's Elisabeth Hendrickson, head of Data R&D, talk with Jeff about whether data needs its own DevOps moment
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin