We've talked a lot about the role of data and databases in cloud-native architectures here on Pivotal Insights. Unfortunately, how and where developers manage their application data, as important as it is, hasn't always been at the top of the priority list. That's in part because most databases aren't particularly well-suited for cloud-native environments. But that is changing.
In this week's episode of Pivotal Insights, Crunchy Data's Paul Laurence joins Jeff and Dormain to chat about the ways in which databases are evolving to better fit into modern cloud-native environments. Crunchy Data's own offering, an enterprise-grade distribution of PostgreSQL with an emphasis on security, is one great example.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Dig deeper in this article exploring how Crunchy Data helped close the enterprise PostgreSQL gap - all the way to cloud-native.
- Download the Crunchy PostgreSQL for Pivotal Cloud Foundry tile now at PivNet.
- Listen to Pivotal's Elisabeth Hendrickson, head of Data R&D, talk with Jeff about whether data needs its own DevOps moment
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Director of Product Marketing at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly