Depending on what you read, machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI) are either going to revolutionize the world we live in or cause its destruction. Some think ML and AI will lead to cures for cancer, for example, while others worry ML and AI will pave the way for intelligent killer robots that annihilate mankind.
As with most things in life, the truth lies somewhere in between. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, host Jeff Kelly speaks with Frank McQuillan, Director of Product Management at Pivotal for Apache MADlib, an open source-based machine learning library. The two talk about the realities of ML and AI in the enterprise, discuss the potential impact of increasing automation on jobs, share examples of Pivotal customers that are solving real business problems with ML today, and offer tips to enterprise practitioners for identifying potential valuable ML and AI use cases.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly and
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News and Resources
- Data Science Deep Dive: Applying Machine Learning To Customer Churn
- Microsoft Reveals Ambitious A.I. Projects to Find Cure for Cancer
- Stephen Hawking warns artificial intelligence could end mankind
- Apache MADlib (incubating)
- The Impact on Jobs: Automation and Anxiety
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly