Pivotal GemFire is a powerful in-memory data grid used to support web-scale applications that demand agility and speed. Agility and speed, it turns out, aren't just important for the applications GemFire supports, but also for deploying GemFire itself. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Pivotal's Jag Mirani and Jacque Istok join Jeff and Dormain to talk about the release of Pivotal GemFire on the AWS Marketplace. With just a few clicks, users can spin up GemFire on AWS to support some of the most demanding application workloads.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on Soundcloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly, @dormaindrewitz, @jagmirani and @jstok
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
News & Resources
- Check out GemFire on the AWS Marketplace.
- See how Apache Geode replaced Kafka-Storm-Spark to support real-time analytics.
- Learn how Indian Railways, Southwest Airlines, SBI Securities, and GE are using GemFire to transform their businesses.
About the Author
Jeff Kelly is a Principal Product Marketing Manager at Pivotal Software. He spends his time learning and writing about how leading enterprises are tapping the cloud, data and modern application development to transform how the world builds software. Prior to joining Pivotal, Jeff was the lead industry analyst covering Big Data analytics at Wikibon, an open source research and advisory firm. Before that, Jeff covered data warehousing, business analytics and other IT topics as a reporter and editor at TechTarget. He received his B.A. in American studies from Providence College and his M.A. in journalism from Northeastern University.Follow on Google Plus Follow on Twitter More Content by Jeff Kelly