Modernizing .NET Applications
As a .NET developer, you're constantly asked to build relevant and resilient software that can run anywhere. That alone is a tall order. But you're also asked to upgrade existing .NET software to unlock new value. This practical ebook shows .NET developers and architects how to improve the most impactful parts of your existing codebase and build a sustainable process for refining your entire .NET app portfolio.
Richard Seroter, senior director of product for Pivotal, explains how to responsibly modernize .NET apps so that you can consolidate your environments, add new functionality, upgrade and patch your dependencies, and automate parts of the delivery cycle.
- Understand the modern demands of a .NET software developer
- Learn how to choose between .NET Core and the .NET Framework
- Understand why cloud native development has become a go-to option for companies undergoing modernization
- Discover what you need to unlearn in light of patterns and anti-patterns in new development paradigms
- Explore the components you may want to consider to achieve agility, scalability, and velocity
- Determine where you want to run different .NET application types
- Learn proven modernization strategies for decomposing monoliths, upgrading your architecture, and more
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter More Content by Richard Seroter