Data and Digital Transformation
Great software companies leverage Big Data to fundamentally change the user experience, reach new levels of profitability and efficiency, and even pioneer entirely new business models. They understand how to put data to work, delivering information in context for maximum impact.
How are companies that have software as a core competency able to achieve this? There are four major trends underlying modern, cloud-native data architectures:
- Open source data management innovation: Providing extreme scale and performance advantages built for the cloud.
- Cloud-native application platforms: Enabling continuous delivery, automated operations and agile software development.
- Data microservices: Loosely coupled services architecture bounded by context to surface insights within applications.
- Machine learning at scale: Advanced analytics and data science against large volumes of data to glean predictive insights.
Today traditional enterprises across vertical markets – from retail and manufacturing to healthcare and finance – have the opportunity to likewise use software, data and analytics to disrupt their own industries.
Enterprises that take advantage of this opportunity and embrace software and analytics as core competencies are the ones that will become the leaders in today’s increasingly digital economy.
Analyze and Operationalize Big Data
To do so requires a modern, cloud-native data platform that allows enterprises to leverage open source software innovation, lower the cost of asking questions of their data, and support event-driven architectures. The Pivotal Data Suite is the only comprehensive platform of open data management solutions that meets these demanding requirements.
Pivotal Data Suite allows enterprises to modernize their data architecture, discover more insights from their data with advanced analytics, and build analytic applications at scale. Pivotal Data Suite enables enterprises to:
- Analyze data of all types - structured, semi-structured and unstructured data.
- Leverage existing SQL skills and related tools to perform complex analytics and interactive queries against petabyte-scale data.
- Build, run and iterate machine learning and data science algorithms at scale to glean predictive insights.
- Develop and support smart data-driven applications that operationalize Big Data insights by delivering information in context.
The Pivotal Data Suite
The Pivotal Data Suite can be deployed on bare metal, in virtualized environments or in the public cloud, and is made up of three primary solutions delivered under a single, flexible license.
- Pivotal Greenplum is an advanced, fully featured, open source MPP analytical database for powerful and rapid analytics on petabyte scale data volumes. Uniquely geared toward Big Data analytics and machine learning, Greenplum enables in-database machine learning with Apache MADlib (incubating) and delivers high analytical query performance on large data volumes due to the world’s most advanced cost-based query optimizer.
- Pivotal GemFire is a distributed, in-memory data grid powered by Apache Geode that is designed to support high-volume, low-latency, mission-critical, data-driven operational and transactional applications. GemFire-powered applications operationalize Big Data insights by notifying applications of new and updated data, and can process many simultaneous operations and maintain sub-second response time at linear scale.
In addition, the Pivotal Data Suite includes support for Spring Cloud Data Flow, a distributed and unified runtime to develop and orchestrate stream and batch processing pipelines.
At Pivotal, our mission is to transform how the world builds software. With the Pivotal Data Suite, enterprises have all the tools they need to put their data to work. So together, let’s build something meaningful.