It’s a question just about every enterprise asks itself: How can we monetize our data? On the surface, the question makes sense. It’s cheaper than ever today to store data thanks to Apache Hadoop and cloud storage, so many enterprises are sitting on huge volumes of customer, product, market and other data. It’s only logical to think about turning all that data into new revenue, right? Not quite, says Dormain Drewitz.
Starting with your data and trying to find the money is, Drewitz argues, labor-intensive, inefficient and—most importantly—rarely successful. In this episode of Pivotal Insights, Drewitz, head of product marketing for Pivotal data, and host Jeff Kelly chat about these contrasting approaches to data and analytics, and share some best practices for getting the most value from data.
Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- Download the episode and check us out on SoundCloud, subscribe to the feed directly, or on iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Twitter: @jeffreyfkelly and @dormaindrewitz
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stop Trying to Monetize Your Data
- What Happens When No One and Everyone Owns a Product?
- Alphabet Lets Google Chase Moonshots and Stay Profitable
- Build It—the Data Lake—And They Will Not Come
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin More Content by Jeff Kelly