At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
SunRun is looking for an experienced engineer to help create SunRun’s interaction model with the clean energy of the future.
We are building a utility scale engine for all phases of business process involved in delivering clean, renewable solar power to every household in America. Our growth rates are through the roof, our business model is proven and our balance sheet is solid.
SunRun Engineering is a small, close-knit team of JEE and JS programmers and testers, and the beating heart of a start-up technology company based in San Francisco. We’re hiring top-notch software engineering talent to help our infrastructure keep up with daunting growth rates. We are literally working to change the world by revolutionizing the way people use renewable energy.
Engineering is the heart of this process. Without people who can create new ways of thinking and new approaches to challenges never before seen, we can’t do it. But with people like you, we will write history.
Want to work on massively scalable consumer systems? Re-invent how consumers buy energy? Have a measurable effect on one of humanities’ biggest challenges? Come to SunRun. You’ll do the best work of your career on a product that is changing the world.
- Contribute to the execution of the company product roadmap through the design, implementation and testing of the User Interface of SunRun industry-leading applications. Apply and improve SunRun’s software engineering practices. Continuously learn and improve in knowledge of User Interaction and Interface design and technologies and software engineering.
- Technical Design and implementation of the User Interface of SunRun’s new products. SunRun products support a rich interface for power users as well as an easy to use and intuitive interface for occasional users. Different products are accessed through a portal to facilitate usability and design scalability.
- Interact with Product Management and the rest of the development team in the definition of the product, producing Mock ups and detailed prototypes of the UI
- Detailed Design, Implement and Unit test the user interface in a Web and RIA environment. Provide infrastructure support for the UI modules of the system.
- Provide feedback to product management and engineering management on the impact of requirements and design decisions on the user experience of the product.
- Active self-training and learning of User Interface design and technology, and software engineering.
- Velocity and Quality of deliverables, measured by compliance to specification and defects found after release to Quality Assurance.
- 3-5 years professional engineering experience in User Interface implementation
- Strong analytical and diagnosis skills. Able to understand, evaluate and recommend third party code and open source code.
- Required areas of proficiency
- Knowledge of J2EE technologies a plus: Hibernate, Tomcat and Spring
- Preferrable experience in Structured OO methodology (e.g. UML) (3-5 years) and story board and use case driven development.
- Experience in Agile (SCRUM) Software engineering practices
- Experience in use of configuration control tools and defect tracking. SVN, Maven, etc…
- Experience in the use of Unit Tests and Continuous Integration Techniques (Junit, WebUnit/HttpUnit)
- Ability to work by objectives, self managed, ability to provide technical leadership, excellent communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send an email introduction and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Author