Last fall, before the annual Spring One 2GX conference, Pivotal hosted its first Cloud Foundry Conference, called Platform CF. The event was planned for a maximum of 400 people, but interest was strong and it ended up attracting more than 500 people. Even though it was standing-room only, the excitement around the event was palpable. With so many internet leaders and PaaS pioneers concentrated in one space, reporting progress and innovation, the idea that PaaS was driving meaningful value to companies today was validated.
With three significant releases of Pivotal CF and many more for open source Cloud Foundry, as well as the rapid growth of the Cloud Foundry Foundation, the PaaS market has advanced tremendously. To match the openness and momentum around the growing Foundation, the event is now separate, longer and will cover a wider range of topics.
Expanding to three days, Pivotal, along with Platinum sponsors HP, IBM and VMware, will host the second Cloud Foundry Summit in San Francisco from June 9-11at the Hilton Union Square. Conference passes and registration can be found at www.cfsummit.com, including the full session schedule.
With more than 600 attendees from the community at large attending the event already, the Summit will be the main event for the year to discuss the evolution and adoption of Cloud Foundry. The Summit will feature deep technical discussions, engineering roadmaps, best practices, community-led case study sessions, and topics chosen by the attendees themselves.
James Watters, Pivotal’s leader for all things Cloud Foundry, will kick off the Summit Monday evening, June 9th. Watters will be followed by Pivotal CEO, Paul Maritz, who will illustrate how the convergence of cloud computing, big data, and agile application development are all key elements to how businesses can succeed in the new era of computing.
- Paul Maritz, CEO, Pivotal
- Angel Diaz, Vice President, IBM Standards and Cloud Labs, IBM
- Yudai Iwasaki, Lead Engineer, Software Innovation Center, NTT
- Catherine Spence, Principal Engineer and Architect, Intel
- Richard Leurig, Senior Vice President, Innovation Development Center, CoreLogic
- James Watters, Vice President of Product, Marketing, and Ecosystem for Cloud Foundry, Pivotal
- Christopher Levesque, Senior Software Architect, AppDirect
- Michael Maximilien, Chief Architect PaaS Innovation, IBM Cloud Labs, IBM
- Brian McClain, Lead of Infrastructure Engineering, Warner Music Group
- Dave McCrory, CTO, Basho
- Nick Quinlan, Developer Evangelist, SendGrid
- Harpreet Singh, Senior Director Product Management, CloudBees
- Paul Arnautoff, Director of Business Development, AppDirect
SPECIAL THANKS: The Cloud Foundry Summit is made possible by the generous sponsorship and support of IBM, HP, Pivotal, VMware, ActiveState, Altoros, CenturyLink, Canopy, Piston Cloud Computing, bluebox, redislabs, NTT Commiunications, Sendgrid, Canonical, Nebulaworks, Dell, Sonain, and Mendix.
About the Author