As event sponsors, our Retail group attended the third annual Mcommerce Summit: State of Mobile Commerce 2013 in New York on May 2nd. There, we had the opportunity to connect with many of the 220 attendees from some of the largest retailers in the U.S.
The opening keynote came from David Shreni, Walmart’s Director of Mobile Strategy for Global Ecommerce. His talk was about How Mobile is Shaping the World’s Largest Retailer. Walmart is a firm believer in focusing on maximizing the in-store experience to keep customers coming back. This is a topic Xtreme Labs has addressed before, so it was great to have the world’s largest retailer verify the advice that we give to our own clients.
Other points he covered include:
- Why mobile is key to Walmart’s future growth strategy
- Resources needed to deliver an effective mobile customer experience
- An overview of how Walmart is making progress towards its mobile goals
Other presenters and overviews of their topics were:
Lancôme: What the Cosmetics Giant’s Customers Expect of the Mobile Experience
- Bridging the channels gap
- The role of touch in mobile commerce
- What Lancôme sees as the next big thing
Forrester Research: Understanding the Mobile Commerce Opportunity
- How mobile devices are changing consumer behavior
- How mobile will disrupt existing business models
- Mobile best practice for marketers and retailers
Priceline: How Mobile has Completely Upended Travel
- The emergence of the last-minute traveler
- Finding shelter when storms strike: a look at how the weather affects smartphone-toting travelers
- Frictionless payment: the good, the bad and the ugly, or an insider’s view on how Priceline evolved the mobile checkout process
Bank of America: Mobile’s Role in Building More Personal Connections With Customers
- Why building personal connections with and for its customers is key
- The role of partnerships – and why Bank of America seeks them
- Why being right to market is better than first to market
Design Within Reach: Why Small to Midsize Retailers Must Embrace Mobile
- Key considerations for smartphone versus tablet presence
- Mobile as a branding platform or a direct tool
- Mobile commerce best practice for small to midsize retailers
Walgreens: How the Nation’s Largest Drugstore Chain Increases Customer Engagement With Mobile
- Know your mission/vision and tie in mobile to deliver that experience
- Engaged customers spend the most!
- Engagement begins outside the store and continues inside
The Walgreens talk also showcased the fact that their iOS app is one of the highest-rated apps for U.S. retailers, according to our recent Retail Apps Report.
The Mcommerce Summit was an all-around great show, and we look forward to using the knowledge we acquired to further our customers’ mobile presence in the retail space.
About the AuthorMore Content by Pivotal Labs