At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Honk, a social site helping consumers decide which car is right for them, is looking for Ruby on Rails developers to join their team in San Francisco. The full job posting follows.
Honk.com is dedicated to moving the auto industry ahead through advanced social recommendations – our site gets people in the perfect new car specifically for them. To make this happen we’re building a deep set of next-generation technologies and need a few more top-caliber Ruby on Rails / Sinatra developers to round out our team of experts and veterans. If inventing the future of social networking with a team of technology and entrepreneurial experts using leading-edge technologies sounds like your bag, baby, well… We’d love to meet you!
Soundbytes: Web-scale news and feed management. Advanced recommendation algorithms using exclusive data feeds. Creating a killer user experience designed to go viral. Lean startup and agile development processes. Leveraging our speed and ideas to be the David who dances with the automotive Goliaths. Lone wolves No; great teammates Yes.
We’re lucky enough to have an amazingly great (and fun) product development team and are smart enough to know that only by keeping our team’s DNA at the top of the chart can we grow into the game-changing company we feel destined to be. This position will work directly with our founders and senior team: CEO/CTO/Head of Product/etc, and will be expected to become one of the key leaders of our development team.
- Highly energetic team committed to a great product and culture
- Fully funded by a major media company – built-in financing & exit strategy PLUS great upside
- Highly experienced industry and start up veterans
- Growing, viable revenue streams
- Possess a burning internal goal of creating game-changing product
- Will leave your ego at the door and thrive in healthy debate
- Have passionate integrity and a healthy sense of work/life balance
- Can work productively together with and learn from other top-level players
- Are a world-class developer looking for the right team & opportunity to really make an impact
What we need from you:
- Expert-level knowledge of Ruby on Rails (2 years+), Sinatra is a plus
- Have delivered great technology quickly and understand how to ship in a fast-changing environment
- Well versed in Agile processes / TDD / Continuous Integration
- Good communicator and team member
- Smart and gets things done – you have a can-do attitude for anything from server setup and build maintenance through to QA and feature delivery
You’ll also need thorough experience & understanding of:
- Rails 2.3.x / Mysql
- RSpec 1.x / TDD
- Git / Capistrano
- Linux and/or OSX Development (we use RubyMine)
Bonus points for these – else an interest and ability to learn quickly:
- Sinatra / Unicorn
- MongoDB / Redis / Thinking Sphinx
- Webrat / Selenium / ScrewUnit / Jasmine
- Facebook Connect-JS API
- Amazon EC2/S3
- Data feed management and integration
- High-availability issues (deployment, monitoring)
- Anything mobile (iPhone / iPad, Android, etc)
To apply for the position, please visit http://honk.simplicant.com/job/detail/5172-senior-ruby-rails-sinatra-developer
About the AuthorMore Content by Sean Beckett