Last month’s Cloud Foundry Summit was full of large organizations talking about revamping their IT strategy to be cloud-native.
We heard from the likes of Comcast, Allstate, Daimler, and ExpressScripts, and each have been using Pivotal Cloud Foundry as the central enabler of their cloud strategies. These companies are modernizing how they create and deliver software, well on the journey to becoming software defined businesses. As Greg Otte from Comcast said, “We placed a bet on Cloud Foundry. We get features in days, not weeks, and scale takes minutes, not months.”
In this new format for Pivotal Conversations, Richard Seroter and Coté talk about these stories and other happenings from the Cloud Foundry Summit. We also cover some recent news like the Serverless Summit and the the ruling in Google/Oracle case over APIs.
- Visit http://pivotal.io/podcasts for show notes and other episodes.
- You can download the episode directly, listen above, or subscribe to the feed directly or in iTunes to have it automatically downloaded for you.
- Feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Serverless Summit—also see Charity Majors and this servlerless write-up from The New Stack
- Google/Oracle ruling—so we can implement APIs now? Some light coverage by Stephen O’Grady.
- Salesforce running on AWS—what apps are they running? Looking at the Pivotal Cloud Foundry install base, AWS is probably the second most popular IaaS after vSphere.
Cloud Foundry Summit
- Top 100 Quotes from CF Summit, via Altoros
- “Developers used to be 20% productive, now they’re 80–90% productive.” —Doug Safford, Allstate.
- “We placed a bet on Cloud Foundry. We get features in days, not weeks, and scale takes minutes, not months.”
- “We currently run more than 900 apps on Cloud Foundry.”
- David Soul’s summary of CF Summit:
- “Daimler shared how they were able go from zero to the production launch of their new Mercedes Me on Pivotal Cloud Foundry for their connected car app in under 6 months.” Also, you know, Ford.
- Analyst breakfast, with customer panel:
- Brian Gregory from ExpressScripts: Intro’ed PCF 5 months ago, now we’ve passed 100 developers on it.
- See also the LordsOfComputing.com Podcast episode with him.
- Lauren Nelson of Forrester asked how many devs were on the platform—see her quick take on the CF Summit.
- Cloud-Native Road Shows—Atlanta, Chicago, DC, Kansas City, Boston, New York, Palo Alto, Seattle, Denver, Dallas, Austin, London, Paris, Stuttgart, Munich, Shenzhen, Beijing, Seoul, and Tokyo—come get some free lunch and learn all about microservices, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, and going Cloud-Native.
- SpringOne Platform, August 1st to 4th in Las Vegas.
- Coté doing a webinar with Donnie at 451 soon, look for the announcement.
- Coté in Poland for Cloud-Native Meetup on June 20th, then Devoxx (speaking twice!) on June 22nd to 24th.
About the AuthorMore Content by Coté