At Pivotal Labs, one of the services we provide our clients is helping them interview and hire. Pivotal Labs and our clients place a strong emphasis on Agile development and its many aspects: Pair Programming, Test-Driven Development, rapid iterations, and frequent refactoring.
Below are two job descriptions for Lead Software Developer and Front End Developer at Bedrocket Media Ventures. They are a disruptive media company looking to change the way people discover and consume great entertainment in the cloud. Their platforms are not only revolutionizing the way entertainment is created and distributed, they’re also inventing new forms of interactive programming that will drive the future of video storytelling. They’re a fast-growing, venture backed company that was founded by the co-founder of Huffington Post and the founder of multiple successful cable networks, and they’re building a radical team of creative thinkers and expert doers who are passionate about pioneering a truly new model for media.
Bedrocket Media Ventures is hiring – here’s why you want to work there:
Jobs at Bedrocket Media Ventures
Are you an amazing developer of web products? Do you love making beautiful, responsive applications? Are you a hacker that gets excited about finding the most elegant solutions to complicated problems? If you are a developer who thrives in a collaborative atmosphere, enjoys dynamic and evolving environments, knows how to handle an occasional curveball, and gets excited about building a new product, we want to hear from you!
Front End Software Developer
- Self motivation and the capability to operate independently
- Work closely with designers to efficiently plan, implement, and test new features with minimal supervision
- Optimize front end for existing and new features and work with back end developer to evolve the product
- Work well in a modern agile software engineering environment (with source code control, dev/stage/prod release cycle, continuous deployment), as well as extensive testing
- Responsible for being involved in overall end-to-end application development
- Passionate about end-to-end and user experience design
- Serve as the lead for all implementation, customization, and integration efforts
- Identify and define integration points with third party solutions
- Take pride in writing well maintained, tested, reusable code
- You have 2+ years experience building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web
- Experienced with the Ruby language and the Rails framework, be proficient with the entire Ruby on Rails stack
- You have a working knowledge and comfort developing UI and UX using Photoshop
- You also have a working knowledge of test-driven development and related frameworks
- Experience building native Android or iOS applications a plus
- Qualifications B.A or B.S or relevant experience
Lead Software Engineer
All of the above, plus:
- Oversee optimization of back end architecture for existing and new features and work with front end developer to evolve the product
- Sound object oriented design skills and knowledge of application architecture patterns
- Responsible for managing overall, end-to-end application development, including the API
- You have 4+ years experience building and shipping consumer or enterprise products for the web
Bedrocket Media Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. Click here to apply, and include your resume and cover letter.
About the AuthorMore Content by Ash Hogan