Pivotal Cloud Foundry 2.3 adds new features to help enterprises achieve superior business outcomes through the continuous delivery of high-quality software
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry® (PCF) includes sweeping updates that simplify daily operations, including faster platform build outs across data centers, and a new dashboard for PCF Healthwatch
- Pivotal Container Service® (PKS), based on Kubernetes, will expand multi-cloud support to include AWS, and will include Kubernetes 1.11
- Pivotal Application Service® (PAS) adds greater support for the .NET Framework, and simplifies how development teams securely share data across microservices
WASHINGTON, DC – (BUSINESS WIRE) – September 25, 2018 – Pivotal Software, Inc. (NYSE: PVTL), a leading cloud-native platform provider, today at SpringOne Platform 2018, announced continuous updates to the Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) platform, one of the world’s most powerful cloud-native platforms, that includes updates that simplify the operator experience, will include expanded multi-cloud support to include AWS, and provides greater support for the .NET Framework.
"Businesses need to go fast to compete. But going fast is hard, and entails both the cultural mindset of the modern software company and the necessary technical capabilities to enable that culture of innovation to thrive,” says Onsi Fakhouri, Senior Vice President, Cloud R&D of Pivotal. “Pivotal Cloud Foundry provides developers with a cutting-edge modern application development platform to enable them to ship code that delivers meaningful customer value continuously."
- PCF Healthwatch 1.4: Adds a more extensible UI to help operators understand the operational health of their platform across a variety of sources
- Rapid Capacity Expansion Across Data Centers: Operators can now extend a single PCF deployment across multiple data center locations. This helps enterprises increase redundancy at the availability zone level for on-prem deployments with VMware vSphere and now OpenStack.
- Embedded OS Updates: Pivotal has updated the operating systems that underpin PAS (Ubuntu 16.04) and PAS for Windows (Windows Server v1803) deployments. This helps keep systems running smoothly, and offloads the burden of OS management.
Learn more about the upcoming PCF 2.3 release here.
Upcoming PKS 1.2 Release Highlights
- Support for AWS: PKS 1.2 will add support for AWS EC2. This new IaaS target will give customers more options for where to deploy PKS, expanding enterprise-grade Kubernetes, and will deliver a consistent operational experience on any supported cloud.
- Kubernetes 1.11: PKS 1.2 will include Kubernetes 1.11, the latest GKE compatible, stable version of Kubernetes. PKS 1.2 is also Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) certified for Kubernetes conformance, assuring workload and application portability across other certified Kubernetes distributions.
- User configurable logging options: PKS 1.2 will enable Developers to configure a namespace or cluster to emit logs to a specific destination, such as VMware vRealize Log Insight, without operator intervention.
Learn more about the upcoming PKS 1.2 release here.
“T-Mobile developers are always innovating and pushing the Un-carrier revolution forward to take care of our customers—and Pivotal plays a key part in that by helping to improve the scale, performance and availability of the apps our retail and customer care teams use every day,” said Chuck Knostman, VP of Strategy and Technology at T-Mobile. “Pivotal has helped T-Mobile become a leader in the open-source software community, recruit and empower agile work teams, improve operational efficiency and accelerate speed of deployment, and now we’re excited to be a part of the Pivotal Container Service beta program that will allow our developers to create even more cutting-edge customer experiences.”
“With PKS, VMware and Pivotal jointly set out to develop an enterprise-ready Kubernetes solution for enterprises and cloud service providers," says Paul Fazzone, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Native Business Unit, VMware. "Our approach to operationalizing Kubernetes--making it easy to deploy and manage, ready for developer consumption, and addressing the needs of IT operations, is gaining customer traction across key verticals globally. The new PKS 1.2 lets customers confidently upgrade to the latest release of Kubernetes with enhanced security, networking, and high availability."
PAS 2.3 Release Highlights
- PAS for Windows: Now supports multi-buildpacks for .NET Framework applications. This feature provides a way for .NET developers to more easily consume app dependencies, like database drivers, Microsoft-provided frameworks, and partner integrations.
- Service Instance Sharing: Service instance sharing helps development teams be more productive. With this new feature, teams can easily and securely share data across microservices.
- Greater encryption of data in transit. “Secure by default” is easier to achieve due to more platform components using direct network encryption via Transport Layer Security (TLS).
About Pivotal Software, Inc.
Pivotal combines our cloud-native platform, developer tools, and unique methodology to help the world’s largest companies transform the way they build and run their most important software applications. Our technology is used by Global 2000 companies to achieve strategic advantages in software development and IT operations. Learn more at pivotal.io.
This release contains statements relating to Pivotal’s expectations, projections, beliefs and prospects which are "forward-looking statements” within the meaning of the federal securities laws and by their nature are uncertain. Words such as "believe," "may," "will," "estimate," "continue," "anticipate," "intend," "expect," "plans," and similar expressions are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance, and you are cautioned not to place undue reliance on these forward-looking statements. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of many factors, including but not limited to: (i) Pivotal’s limited operating history as an independent company, which makes it difficult to evaluate Pivota’s prospects; (ii) the substantial losses Pivotal has incurred and the risks of not being able to generate sufficient revenue to achieve and sustain profitability; (iii) Pivotal’s future success depending in large part on the growth of Pivotal’s target markets; (iv) Pivotal’s future growth depending largely on Pivotal Cloud Foundry and Pivotal’s platform-related services; (v) Pivotal’s subscription revenue growth rate not being indicative of Pivotal’s future performance or ability to grow; (vi) Pivotal’s business and prospects being harmed if our customers do not renew their subscriptions or expand their use of Pivotal’s platform; (vii) any failure by Pivotal to compete effectively; (viii) Pivotal’s long and unpredictable sales cycles that vary seasonally and which can cause significant variation in the number and size of transactions that can close in a particular quarter; (ix) Pivotal’s lack of control of and inability to predict the future course of open-source technologies, including those used in Pivotal Cloud Foundry; and (x) any security or privacy breaches. All information set forth in this release is current as of the date of this release. These forward-looking statements are based on current expectations and are subject to uncertainties, risks, assumptions, and changes in condition, significance, value and effect as well as other risks disclosed previously and from time to time in documents filed by Pivotal with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), including Pivotal’s prospectus dated April 19, 2018, and filed pursuant to Rule 424(b) under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended. Additional information will be made available in Pivotal’s quarterly report on Form 10-Q and other future reports that Pivotal may file with the SEC, which could cause actual results to vary from expectations. Pivotal disclaims any obligation to, and do not currently intend to, update any such forward-looking statements, whether written or oral, that may be made from time to time except as required by law.
Source: Pivotal Investor Relations
©2018 Pivotal Software, Inc. All rights reserved. Pivotal is a trademark and/or registered trademark of Pivotal Software, Inc. in the United States and/or other countries. VMware, vSphere, vRealize, and Log Insight are registered trademarks or trademarks of VMware, Inc. in the United States and other jurisdictions.
About the AuthorMore Content by Pivotal Team